With two young kids and an active outdoor lifestyle, finding the perfect baby carrier was extremely important. The right carrier is quite personal, but found the Kelty carrier to be versatile, safe, lightweight, durable, and brimming with features. For six years, and two kids, it has been a key piece of equipment on our adventures. Our children have had a bird’s-eye view through California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and New Mexico to name a few destinations.
- Auto-deploy kickstand – The kickstand made it much easier to get our wiggly ones in and out
- No pinch hinges
- Large bottom storage compartment – The storage space had ample room to store lightweight jackets, snacks, diapers, and even clip water bottles to straps and points along the pack
- Breathable mesh
- Lightweight, aluminum frame
- Padded waist strap – Like a backpack, the hip strap allows you to carry the weight on your hips, not your shoulders
- 5 point adjustable child safety harness
Biosphere 2 | Tucson, Arizona
Zion National Park, Utah
Lake Tahoe, California
Sequoia National Park, California
If your family spends significant amount of time outdoors, the Kelty carrier is hard to beat and worth the investment. Our carrier is a much older model, and recently passed it along to another young family to enjoy, but Kelty is consistently a leader in the outdoor world of hiking and frequently making improvements to their products.
Do you own a Kelty carrier? We love to connect with others, so feel free to leave us a comment and share your experiences! (Disclaimer: This review was not sponsored by Kelty and Burbs2Abroad was not compensated for this review. The material provided on this site is for informational purposes only. As always, our opinions are our own.)